Looking to enter the world of essential oils? Be ready to enjoy a number of benefits that will improve your overall wellbeing. However, be careful where you buy your essential oils because many available on the market are heavily contaminated or adulterated with synthetic chemicals. When you use essential oils, you want something that is completely safe and natural. For that, the most important thing to look for is purity.
When you use pure essential oils, you get to enjoy the full benefits that nature has to offer. They can empower you, support you and rejuvenate you. And when you use only the purest essential oils, you can be confident that they are safe to be used by your whole family, including kids. But how do you know if the essential oils you’re buying are safe for your loved ones?
If you want the best essential oils, you need to find a company that follows precautions to ensure the quality of their oils. You want a company that uses sustainable and responsible sourcing, extensive and thorough testing, transparency and clear and accessible safety and usage information. One company that meets all these requirements is doTERRA.
When you use a doTERRA product, you’re using something that is pure. All doTERRA products are free of contaminants, fillers or adulterations and go through a rigorous testing process that goes beyond what would be considered “good enough”. To further ensure the quality of its products, doTERRA sends each oil to an independent third party for additional testing and validation. If the oil passes the tests, it’s labelled as CPTG (Certified Pure Tested Grade). So, when you see the CPTG label, you know you’re getting the purest essential oils on the market.
And it’s not just testing that sets doTERRA oils apart. The company works diligently to make a difference. For example, there are different ways to produce essential oils – not all essential oils are created equal. Some companies cut costs by using low-quality plants or adulterating their oils with cheap substances. While cutting corners might save a company time and money, it will result in a low-quality product.
doTerra focuses on practices that produce only the highest quality essential oils, no matter the cost. The company also makes it a top priority to protect the environment and provide fair treatment of all harvesters and growers. Once you try a doTERRA essential oil, you’ll reach for it again and again.
What Are the Must-Have doTERRA Products?
With the wide range of doTERRA oils and blends, it can be hard to know what you should choose. Here are some of the most popular doTERRA products known for their many uses and appealing scents. To make it easier, I’ve broken them down into two categories: the basics and protect wellness.
Lavender, peppermint and lemon are the perfect essential oils to start using for common every-day purposes.
- Lavender – for a soothing boost add a drop of the oil to your moisturizer. To ease into sleep, diffuse a few drops. To ease tense feelings, add it to water and tea.
- Peppermint – to energize your day, add a few drops to a diffuser. To soothe occasional nausea, take two drops in water. In addition to cold and flu medications, you can try inhaling peppermint essential oils with a diffuser for congestion relief.
- Lemon – drink lemon oil with water to support your respiratory system, cleanse your body and help with digestion. You can also add lemon oil to water in a spray bottle to clean household surfaces.
The following oils can help you maintain a healthy life.
- doTERRA On Guard – diffuse to purify the air or strengthen and support the immune and respiratory systems from environmental and seasonal threats.
- Wild Orange – add two drops to your beverages to support your immune system or diffuse in the room to uplift your mood.
- Frankincense – add two drops in a veggie capsule to support your cells, apply to the skin to help with skin imperfections or diffuse to add peace, relaxation and satisfaction to your day.
- doTERRA Breath – apply it to your chest or diffuse it in the air to maintain feelings of clear breathing, or cup them around your nose the minimize the effects of seasonal threats.
- Tea Tree – use it in a diffuser to cleanse and freshen the air, add it to face wash for skin cleanse benefits and apply it to fingernails and toes to keep them looking healthy.
- DigestZen – rub on your stomach before a long flight or take it internally for bloating and indigestion issues.
- doTERRA Serenity – diffuse or apply it to your temples or wrists to help calm your emotions and soothe your senses.
Where to Buy doTERRA Products?
doTerra essential oils can be found online as well as in specialized stores. When you first see the bottles, it can seem the bottle size is somewhat underwhelming when compared to the cost. However, once you start to use the product, you’ll realize that even one drop of essential oil can be highly effective. For instance, when you take an oil internally, one or two drops is all you need at a time. Even when diffusing the oil, a few drops are sufficient to reap the benefits.